Every year you get many holiday cards (a friend of mine gets hundreds); what do you do with them after you display them for the holidays? You may save a couple for sweet memories of the season, your favorites – but what about the rest? Give them a new life. Here are some simple ideas to reuse and recycle. Mother Earth will thank you.
- Discard (recycle) the written part and save the cover (front) to use as a post card.
- Cut to use as gift tags.
- Use the front part as book markers.
- Attach a ribbon to the cover and make a Christmas tree ornament.
- Use the blank part (cover) as thank you notes for any gifts received.
- Use them to cut images for your holiday scrap book.
- Attach two covers with book binding tape and make a new card, use as folder when you attach pockets to it (keep holiday coupons, reminders and gift lists for next year in it).
- Three-hole punch two large covers and fill with paper in the middle – instant Christmas note pad or journal. Add ribbon and you can give them out at your holiday parties as small favors.
- Glue or attach together two fronts (covers) and use them as money envelopes (or you can fold a large one in half).
- Stack them at your desk and use them as scrap/doodle paper during the year. The pretty images will bring a smile to your face every day and get you ready for the holidays.
There are many other uses that you can come up with a little imagination. The important thing is that they don’t go in the trash can. Give them a second life.